Tuesday, December 28, 2010

To Pay or to Pay More?

Uh-oh. I got back into the city two days after the blizzard and, following a brief, half-hearted tour of my usual parking haunts (featuring mounds of snow with cars beneath them and people standing on the roofs of cars, shoving the snow off), I went to my old garage, where I hoped they would take me in. And they did, for a price: $36 a day. I called the management office, to see what kind of monthly rate I can get, and the best they can do is $303.04. That's almost twice as much as I paid in this garage two years ago. And yet when I hung up the phone both the man at Icon (Jose) and I were convinced that I was going to go to the garage tonight and fill out the paperwork and leave a check. What to do? If I leave the car in the garage till Saturday, I'm up to $180. And out on the street again.

I may wait a few days and see if my friends in Rockaway want the car for the winter or not. It came in handy for them, but then, misfortune: they had to go to a funeral in Brooklyn and got a ticket for parking at a bus stop. Parking is probably worse right now in Rockaway than it is in Manhattan.

Or I could try one more option: the new Automotion lot near me. "Park Swipe Leave" is their motto. At least it would be novel.

1 comment:

Woodchips Dumpsters said...

Excellent Information provided by you through this post. I follow all the mentioned information. There's more to choosing a dumpster rental company than the dumpster itself. You want a company that you can trust to deliver your bin on time and to do so with respect and care for your property. For the best Dumpster Rental in Ellenville contact Woodchips Dumpsters. Our dumpster rentals provide a low-cost and efficient cleanup solution for remodels, renovations, cleanouts and many more projects around the home. For full details call us at (845) 901-9057.