Monday, December 24, 2007

Sanctuary

As parking consultant to the stars, I was able to advise Baby Dee on where to stow her Volkswagen Beetle during this festive holiday season. Dee arrived last Wednesday, during Idul Adha, and found a spot that was good till this morning at eleven-thirty. She played a sold-out show at Joe’s Pub last Saturday. (Hooray!) But this morning the glamorous life was over and she chose to give up her spot early, before eight-thirty, and move to a spot that would be good at ten.


Since it is so rare that we get to celebrate Alternate Side Parking as a family, after performing my own religious parking duties, I went and found my sibling, comfortably installed on the block that I had recommended. As I was filled with the Christmas spirit, I gave her my Times and bought her a cup of coffee and a jelly doughnut.

Here is the beautiful sign that I am parked under, in the same spot that I was blessed with on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I may stay there till spring. The street sweeper didn't come for either of us!



Merry Christmas!

No comments: